Comparison of the KT1000/KT2000 to the BBM KA
MEDmetric® Knee Ligament Arthrometer® model KT2000™
Manual Stiffness and Laxity Calculations
Blue Bay Medical Knee Arthrometer
Automated Stiffness and Laxity Calculations
Compared to the KT1000/KT2000, the BBM KA has the following advantages:
- Records and displays displacement at 15, 20 and 30 lb anterior load and 15 lb posterior load.
- Displays a load-displacement curve.
- Capable of displaying two curves on the touch screen for comparison.
- Records data on an SD card.
- Computes end range stiffness.
- Automatically captures the maximum displacement during the Manual Maximum Displacement Test.
- Operates untethered to a PC or x-y plotter and automatically measures displacement and stiffness without having to analyze paper chart.
In conclusion, The BBM KA provides identical mechanical test results as the KT1000/KT2000 but in a more modern, convenient design.